Standard Visitor Visa
If you plan to travel to the UK, you will have to apply for a general visitor visa, also known as the Standard Visitor Visa.UK Immigration Consultants in Lahore comprises of a large number of visitor visa types and if you are looking for any of the UK Immigration Consultants in Lahore or visa types, then you would be needing the standard visitor visa as listed in following.
- Family Visitor visa
- General Visitor visa
- Child Visitor visa
- Business Visitor Visa UK , including visas for academics, doctors and dentists
- Sports Visitor visa
- Entertainer Visitor visa
- Prospective Entrepreneur visa
- Private Medical Treatment Visitor visa
- Approved Destination Status (ADS) visa
What Kind of Business Activity Can You Do?
While the standard visitor visa allows business activity, it is strongly regulated, and your activities are limited. If you can take part in the following kind of business activities in the UK then you can apply for the standard visitor visa.
- Want to travel to the UK for a conference, meeting or take training
- You are taking part in a sports-related event
- Want to travel to the UK to perform as an artist, musician or a general entertainer given that you are an artist.
- You are either doing research or are accompanying students on an exchange program given that you are an academic.
- Have to travel to the UK to take up a clinical or observation position given that you are a certified doctor or a dentist.
- Your plan to take the Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board (PLAB).
- You plan to take the Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE)
- Planing for to get funding to start or join a business in the UK. However, it may be noted that you cannot get started with the business at this stage. Any further business activity is not allowed on the standard visitor visa.
If you are an expert in your profession a running business is paying you to take a trip to the UK and visit their business, then the standard visitor visa does not hold. You will be needing the Permitted Paid Engagement Visa for this purpose from UK Immigration Consultants in Pakistan .
What Can You Do with the Standard Visitor Visa?
If you have been granted the standard visitor visa, then here is a list of all the things that you can do in the UK.
- You can partake in a business activity that complies with what is allowed on the standard visitor visa.
- Enroll in a study program which is less than 30 days in length. However, studying should not be the main purpose of your trip to the UK.
- Convert your civil partnership to a marriage. However, if you plan to declare marriage or a civil partnership then you will need a different visa.
- Stop in the UK for a transit while traveling to another country.
What Can You Not Do with the Standard Visitor Visa?
Here is the list of things that you cannot engage in while you are in the UK on the standard visitor visa.
- You cannot work in the UK. Whether it’s paid or unpaid work, you cannot engage in it while you’re in the UK.
- You cannot live in the UK for an elongated period of time. This may not be attempted to be done through frequent visits to the UK.
- You cannot access public funds. Must have enough funds to finance your trip and your activities in the UK.
- You cannot get married or initiate a civil partnership in the UK. May not send notice of a marriage or civil partnership either.
When Can You Apply?
You should apply for your visa 3 months prior to your intended date of Business Visitor Visa UK. Moreover, you get a decision from the home office within 3 weeks of applying so you have ample time to make reservations and plan for your trip in advance.
The visa processing times, however, may be different for your particular country. You can check the UK government website for the exact time pertinent to your country or visit our UK Immigration Lawyers.
How Long Can You Stay in the UK?
The standard visitor visa allows you to stay in the UK for a period of 6 months. Select one of the following categories then you can extend the period.
- Your purpose of traveling to the UK is to get medical treatment. The extension can be granted for up to a total stay of 11 months. The additional cost of applying for an extension is £190.
- If you are an academic professional who is on a sabbatical, you may stay for a period of up to 12 months with your spouse, dependents or civil partner in this case. The additional cost of applying for an extension is £190.
If your purpose of traveling is to get medical treatment or you are traveling as an academic professional, then it is important for you to apply for a biometric residence permit.
Getting a Visa from Immigration Consultants in Lahore for Longer Stays in the UK
If you plan to make frequent trips to the UK, then there are options for you in this case as well.
A long-term standard visitor visa can be granted that is valid for 2, 5 and 10 years. However, if you are under the age of 18 and you turn 18 before your long-term standard visitor visa expires. Then your visa will only be valid for a period of 6 months after you turn 18.
How Much Does It Cost?
The UK Immigration Lawyers that allows you a single trip to the UK and expires and 6 months costs £95.
The long-term standard visitor visa costs differently depending on how long you need the visa. The 2 years long visa costs £361 whereas the 5 years long visa costs £655. The 10 years long standard visitor visa costs £855.
What is the Eligibility Criterion?
You are eligible to apply for the standard visa if you comply with the following criterion through our Visa Consultants in Pakistan:
- You can prove that you will be leaving the UK when your trip to the UK ends.
- Have to enough funds to finance your stay and they stay of your dependents in the UK.
- You can prove that you have enough financial resources to travel back or further on from the UK at the end of your trip.
- Your problematic problem is to prove that you are engaged in your travels in Luxembourg, whether business or leisure.
In the situation that you are applying for the long-term standard Visa Consultants in Pakistan. You need to comply with the following criterion.
- The only purpose of your trip to the UK would be to take a holiday, meet your family or attend business or work meetings. You cannot visit for any other activities.
- You must prove that you will be leaving the UK at the end of each trip to the UK.
If you don’t meet the criteria, you can issue your visa for a period of time as required. You can not back such a situation.
Moreover, if your travel history to the UK Immigration Lawyers suggests that you are living in the UK for extended periods of time in each subsequent trip. Perhaps your visa canceled by the home office of the UK.
2 thoughts on “Are You Planning to Apply for a Visit Visa for the UK?”