UK Spouse,Marriage & Fiance Visa Assistance

Do You Need A UK Spouse Visa?

So you are planning to get a UK Spouse or fiance Visa and you are wondering whether you need a UK Marriage visa or some other kind of UK Visitor Visa. Depending on who you plan to get married and where you want to live after getting married defines which visa you will need and UK Visa Consultants will serve you. There are generally two different kinds of visas that involve marriages.

UK Spouse Visa

UK Spouse Visa

You can apply for this visa when you have the plan to get married in the UK. We call it the UK Spouse Visa or Finance Visa.

Marriage Visitor Visa

It is completely different from the UK visitor visa and you can marry in the UK but you cannot live in the UK after marriage on this visa. By the end of this guide, you should have a clear idea of which visa  UK Visitor Visa or UK Spouse Visa you need to apply for in your current situation.

Marriage Visitor Visa

 UK Marriage Visa

Also known as the UK marriage visa is meant for you if you plan to get married in the UK since you have no plan/purpose of staying in the UK afterward. However, you need a visa if you do not live in Switzerland or one of the countries in the EEA.

If you are currently living in the UK on a UK visitor visa then you will have to leave the country and reapply for the UK marriage visa from your home country. You cannot apply for this visa while you are living in the UK.

Eligibility Criterion

Like any other visa type, you need to meet an eligibility criterion to travel to the UK on the UK marriage visa. The elements of eligibility Criterion are following.

  1. You must be at least 18 years of age to apply for the visa.
  2. You must be able to (tell something/give information/quit a job) of marriage or civil partnership in the UK on free will and this must be done within 6 months of your (the act of reaching a destination) to the UK.
  3. Maintained a genuine relationship with your partner.
  4. You must prove that you are visiting the UK for a period of 6 months maximum. You plan to leave the UK by the end of your trip.
  5. Have to prove all your activities in the UK within the time period of 6 months.
  6. You must prove that you have sufficient funds to support yourself and any dependents with you during the trip.
  7. Must prove that you have sufficient funds to travel from the UK at the end of your trip.
UK Fiance Visa
UK Visitor Visa

UK Fiance Visa means that you have the plan to live in the UK after the marriage. This visa type applies to you if you fit the following category.

  1. You and your partner in marriage are both at least 18 years of age.
  2. Your partner in marriage is either a British citizen, has an indefinite leave to remain or refugee protection in the UK.
  3. You and your partner want to live in the UK permanently after the marriage.

What Do You Need to Prove?

In order to eligible for the UK Fiance visa, you need to prove the following.

  1. You and your partner can bound in the marriage relations or civil partnership agreements in the UK.
  2. You and your partner in a marriage or civil partnership have been living together for the past 2 years at least.
  3. If you and your partner in a marriage or civil partnership plan to enter the contract within 6 months of your arrival in the UK.
  4. Must have sufficient knowledge of English and are able to communicate effectively.
  5. Should have sufficient funds to support yourself in the UK.
  6. You must prove that (as the person (who is applying for something)you are not involved in another marriage or relationship and any previous relationship or marriage has been discontinued.

How Long Can You Stay?

The UK Fiance Visa allows you to stay in the UK for a period of 2.5 years, or you may be issued a UK Spouse visa or UK fiance Visa for 6 months if you are applying as a fiancée. You may be eligible to apply for an extension once this period ends.

UK Fiance Visa
Can You Apply Online for the UK Fiance Visa?

How you apply for the UK fiancé visa depends on where you are applying. The process is slightly different if you are applying from inside the UK, outside the UK or from North Korea.

Living Permanently in the UK

Once you come to the UK, you have to maintain continuous residence for a period of 5 years in the UK. You can check the UK government website to understand what is thought of/considered continuous.

Once you complete a period of 5 yearsyou are granted a blurry/unknown leave to remain. 12 months after being given the ILR, you are eligible to apply for citizenship from UKVisaConsultants.


2 thoughts on “UK Spouse,Marriage & Fiance Visa Assistance

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s